Vintage Metlox Poppytrail Sculptured Grape Creamer

Vintage Metlox Poppytrail Sculptured Grape Creamer
Click To Enlarge
  • Item #: MPSG102611
  • <g:identifier_exists>FALSE</g:identifier_exists>: False
  * Marked fields are required.
Qty*
Price $12.99
Availability In-Stock
# Available 1

Vintage from Paul is pleased to offer these lovely and refreshing Vintage Metlox Poppytrail Sculptured Grape Creamers. The Sculptured Grape pattern was introduced in 1963 and was the first of the sculptured designs.

Sculptured Grape by Metlox was done in the Traditional Shape. It is one of the more popular scultured patterns. It has a white background with blue grapes and green leaves adorning the border. The finish is matte. The off-white body is a superb back-drop for the "sculptured grapes" pattern that displays a motif of bluish-purple grapes, green leaves with brown vine and bordered by a rim of brown vine; the colors are vibrant!  This pattern is certainly a bold, eye-catcher which will display wonderfully on your table or china cabinet.

The "Metlox" name is a contraction of metallic oxide, established in 1927. The company started out making ceramic outdoor signs.

The California Pottery wasn't made until 1931. In 1946, decorated lines were introduced, and in 1958, the sculpted shapes by Bob Allen and Mel Shaw were brought out.

The Vintage Grape creamer is in mint condition having no chips, cracks, crazing or other defects noted.

We ship the day after payment is received using Insured Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Parcels are generally received in 2-3 days depending on your location.

About Metlox:

The beginning of Metlox Manufacturing Company dates back to 1927 in Manhattan Beach, Ca when Willis and T. C. Prouty became interested in producing the ceramic portion of neon signs. In 1932 they started producing their famed dinnerware products and in 1935 expanded into artware. Metlox opened their Vernonware Division in Vernon, California in 1958 when they bought Vernon Kilns. The company continued to operate until 1989 when all operations ceased. The last of the large Southern California Potteries to fall victim to off-shore competition, increased government regulations and community changes.